Every organizational development service you buy helps empower a community in need.
Effectively create and communicate with your team as you joyfully achieve your shared vision.
- The “art” of leadership: Leadership styles and strengths, team-building, communication, conflict resolution
- Doable strategy: Setting and sticking to big picture goals amidst daily pressing needs
- Effective governance: Tools and techniques to successfully steer the ship
- Performance feedback: Gauging how well the organization, leaders, and team are doing
- Intuitive coaching: Make quick, clear decisions by accessing and trusting your gut
- Transition: Successfully instigate and navigate major change
- Perseverance: Maintain patience, persistence, and faith until you get from where you are to where you want to be
- Work-life balance: Balancing what’s best for work, your loved ones, and yourself
- Workshops, training, and retreats
- Executive leadership coaching
- Governing board training and facilitation
- Strategic planning and follow-through
- Public speaking sessions and events
- Staff and organization performance reviews
All of our services are 100% customized to your organization’s needs and goals.
- Schools: Charter, private, and public
- For-profits: corporations, start-ups, small business entrepreneurs
- Government agencies
We work with diverse organizations all over the world, in person, by phone, through Skype, or WhatsApp.
Contact us for details and fees.
The Road to Shine RoadmapTM – A Simple, Doable Process that Works
We have learned from 25 years of experience that in order to achieve any goal, organizations must go through three stages:
1. Uncover: Identify & overcome your blind spots
2. Discover: Remember your mission & passion
3. Work-lover: Find the courage to do work you love
Our secret: ensuring no stage is skipped. Most organizational experts focus on only one or two of the stages, inadvertently setting leaders and teams up for failure. There’s no point in developing another round of goals if you haven’t yet uncovered the dynamics that keep preventing you from achieving them. Using the entire Roadmap, we draw from multiple organizational development, psychological, and leadership modalities and tools to develop a 100% customized needs assessment, action plan, ongoing check-ins, and evaluation to ensure lasting change and success.
We Give You Grit
Suppose you finally take the leap to fire those toxic employees…what happens when you haven’t yet found a better staff eight months later? Shine Your Light offers doable, real-life strategies and tools to help organizations find the courage not only to take the initial leap, but also for the ongoing challenges of how to get through the often longer than expected transition until you achieve what you desire.
- New organizations are eager to contribute to the world, yet often lack the fundamental leadership skills to make the impact they desire.
- Many mid-life organizations are unhappy with some or all parts of their operations and impact and struggle with work-life balance.
- Veteran organizations often seek to share their wisdom and experience in a mentorship role.
“Life Cycle Approach”
We support organizations across all sectors and at all stages of development. Recognizing that organizational needs vary at different stages, we offer a tailored “life cycle” approach:
Keepin’ It Real and Making It Fun
With seminars like “Who’s Steering this Ship?” and “Co-Workers from Hell,” we help you find your sense of humor again while engaging in serious change. Our teachers and coaches have a unique talent for communicating complex, profound wisdom in a down-to-earth way that tells it straight and instantly makes sense. We believe in “practical passion,” teaching ways to balance your goals with your everyday realities.
Laurie has been there for me since I first founded my organization. Over the past 10+ years, she has helped me grow immensely as a leader, especially around communication, strategic decisions, and sticky employee issues. She has been instrumental to our organization over the years, guiding us through our various ups and downs, focusing us on our priorities, and helping us to become the tight-knit, highly effective team we are. She draws from over 20 years of her own experience with literally thousands of other organizations, pulling out just the right tools, advice, and next steps we need at just the right time. I have never met another leadership trainer who is as skillful, caring, intelligent, insightful, engaging, and FUN!
Laurie beautifully balances the hard and soft skills required to take a team through the complexity and challenge of defining how they are going to realistically achieve their vision and charter. She brings the business acumen and the necessary research while skillfully building relationships and managing team dynamics. It was a pleasure to watch her design and facilitate that process, and the team was thrilled with the results she provided.
When I saw Laurie in action I was reminded of how much of a difference a skilled facilitator can make. She's focused, supportive, fun, flexible, highly knowledgeable, and able to get to the end game with ease. In addition she puts her whole self into her work, building on her impressive cross-sector experience. I highly recommend her as a facilitator and thought partner.
Laurie Gardner's insight, expertise and infectious energy would be an asset to any team or organization looking for a very smart, sharp and thoughtful advisor and facilitator. From the first conversation, she was readily available and had done her homework. She was flexible, a joy to work with and really helped our team flesh out the details as well as step back and see the big picture!
Laurie is SO good…it’s unbelievable! I’ve never met anyone whose brain works so incredibly fast. She immediately assessed my external job situation, what I need to work on from the inside, and specific action steps to get where I need to be.
Laurie was a very stabilizing influence during my tenure as a principal. Her ability to cause me to look within myself to seek honest and real solutions is truly a gift that very few people I have known over the last 62 years possess.